Workforce Industry Training
WIT offers benefits and opportunities such as:
- Provides the educational tools and essential support to pursue educational professional opportunities in STEM technical fields.
- Sponsored by the Nuclear Power Institute (NPI) at Texas A&M University in cooperation with schools and industry
What do WIT participants do?
- Mentoring through the ATOM program
- Enjoy mentoring activities by industry professionals
- Visit local industry partners
- Participate in industry job shadowing
- Take part in professional development activities
- Visit universities and community colleges
- Participate in community service
- Hear from and meet guest speakers
- Have scholarship opportunities
How do I join WIT?
To be eligible for WIT you must
- Be 14 years of age or older;
- Be in the 11th or 12th grade of a Texas high school;
- Have an unweighted GPA of 3.0
- Meet the organization's character requirements
- Submit an application for membership
- Take part in the interview process
- Have an interest in pursuing a STEM technical degree;